Pages

May 8, 2009

Reading the Bible Every Day

Reading the bible everyday takes focus, consistency, dedication, and desire.  While it can be hard to do this with a busy schedule; it is still possible.  When I was in primary school, my elder brother and I use to wake up and go to the basketball gym to shoot jump shots to perfect our shooting and overall game.  Imagine two kids waking up at 5am to play basketball to get better and be the best.

When I looked at my profession that I am in currently; I can't help but notice I rarely do that and for the Word of God, before I was shown His true Word by a teaching priest, I rarely did the early morning preparation I did when I was training as a basketball player.  Isn't that a shame.  However, when you know better that is the primary and optimal time to do better and today you can catch me reading the bible every morning as early as 5am.

A collegiate friend told me to wake up and meditate at 4 or 5am in college because it helps your focus through the day (he forgot to tell me it makes you extremely tired too if you go to bed to late).  So lately I haven't put any lessons together because I've been part of a challenge to wake up and read the bible from Genesis to Revelation in the next 90 days.

Even though the bible says to read here a little and there a little, line upon line, precept up precept; it is still important to read it right through so you can piece together the history of our world from the mind of God; in the order God saw it and delivered to prophets to share.  The bible starts wide then narrows down following one man's family-line, Abraham.  To join us just follow the blog here and every morning we write a blog that summarizes what we read.

Daily Bible Food is the real soul food.  Grace and peace in Jesus name on this Sabbath day to you and your household.

Nehemiah

--
Blog Entry - www.teachingpriest.blogspot.com

Shine Your Light For The World To
Because...
"Positive Education Activates Constant
Elevation"


--
Thanks

*Check out www.MakeMoneyHourly.com for a step-by-step methods to begin earning money hourly online and off. This guy's program was on CNN and CNBC and has lots of credibility.  Join it with me today!


No comments: